This course provides maintenance personnel and production operators etc with the
skills and knowledge necessary to carry out maintenance tasks on industrial hydraulic systems.
This course is suitable for anyone who wishes to work on or maintain industrial hydraulic systems. No prior knowledge of hydraulics is necessary.
Participants gain useful practical experience on purpose-built training rigs which make use of typical commercial components and are designed specifically to simulate the hydraulic systems found in industry. Comprehensive course notes are provided.
On completion of the course, participants will be able to
- apply safe working practices when working with hydraulic systems
- understand the relevant theory (units, flow, pressure, temperature, forces, etc.)
- understand the operation of hydraulic circuits and components typically used in industry
- correctly maintain power units (fixed / variable pumps, reservoirs, filters, strainers and gauges)
- use hydraulic test equipment to determine the nature and position of faults
- construct a range of functional hydraulic circuits
- assess the condition of a hydraulic system by oil analysis
- use hydraulic circuit drawings and fault-finding charts as a systematic aid to fault-finding
- select the correct tubing and fittings for hydraulic applications
- correctly cut and bend tubing
- understand how to form ferrules
- understand the importance of pressure testing
- understand the importance of correct filter selection.
Back to Mechanical Modules